ViewRight Web for PC and Mac
The ViewRight Web plug-in clients provide complete HLS/DASH functional support for Windows-based and Mac OS X computer systems. They implement the streaming protocol and bitrate adaptation logic as per the respective specifications, enabling its use on live and on-demand clear (unencrypted) ABR streams from any source.
In addition, the ViewRight Web plug-ins have an integrated ViewRight security client. The security model is a Verimatrix enhancement to the standardized link layer encryption support of the ABR protocols. It enables additional layers of HTTP live content protection including device authentication, secure key retrieval and entitlements verification, thereby turning both PCs and Macs into secure players for premium OTT video services. This complements equivalent functions available on other ViewRight Web supported platforms.
The ViewRight Web for Mac/PC products are implemented as modular, downloadable browser plug-ins, thus providing a cross-platform solution ideally suited to such devices.
- Support for HLS and DASH protocols, including automatic bit rate adaptation based upon available bandwidth and processing power
- Proven ViewRight-VCAS security and authentication
- Video: H.264, MPEG-2
- Audio: MPEG-1 Layers I-III, AAC, HE-AAC
- Multi-track (or alternate) audio streams
- Full screen support
- Live TV and VOD support
- One-click installer mechanisms
ViewRight Web for PC supports
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 & 8 OS (32 and 64 bit)
- Internet Explorer browser via ActiveX component
- Firefox browser via Netscape Plug-in API component
ViewRight Web for Mac supports
- Mac OS X (10.6 and later)
- Safari and Firefox browsers via Netscape Plug-in API component