ViewRight Web for PC and Mac
The ViewRight Web plug-in clients provide complete HTTP Live Streaming functional support for Windows-based and Mac OS X computer systems. They implement the streaming protocol and bitrate adaptation logic as per the evolving IETF draft standard for HLS, enabling its use on live and on-demand clear (unencrypted) HLS streams from any source.
In addition, the ViewRight Web plug-ins have an integrated ViewRight security client. The security model is a Verimatrix enhancement to the standardized link layer encryption support of the HLS protocol. It enables additional layers of HTTP live content protection including device authentication, secure key retrieval and entitlements verification, thereby turning both PCs and Macs into secure players for premium OTT video services. This complements equivalent ViewRight Web functions available on other HLS supported platforms.
The ViewRight Web for Mac/PC products are implemented as modular, downloadable browser plug-ins, thus providing a cross-platform solution ideally suited to such devices.
- Support for HLS protocol, including automatic bit rate adaptation based upon available bandwidth and processing power
- Proven ViewRight-VCAS security and authentication
- Video: H.264, MPEG-2
- Audio: MPEG-1 Layers I-III, AAC, HE-AAC
- Multi-track (or alternate) audio streams
- Full screen support
- Live TV and VOD support
- One-click installer mechanisms
ViewRight Web for PC supports
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 OS (32 and 64 bit)
- Internet Explorer browser via ActiveX component
- Firefox and Chrome browsers via Netscape Plug-in API component
ViewRight Web for PC complements the ViewRight Desktop for PC (IPTV), enabling operators to secure broadcast and VOD content simultaneously over both OTT networks (ViewRight Web) and managed IPTV networks (ViewRight Desktop).
ViewRight Web for Mac supports
- Mac OS X (10.6 and later)
- Safari, Firefox and Chrome browsers via Netscape Plug-in API component