Enhanced HTTP Live Streaming Security
Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for Internet TV provides complete end-to-end pay-TV security for over-the-top (OTT) services, including both broadcast (linear) and video-on-demand (VoD) delivery modes. VCAS for Internet TV may be supplied either as a standalone solution for OTT services, or as part of a VCAS multi-screen, multi-network revenue security deployment.
The Verimatrix ViewRight Web client is a robust package of portable code that implements the VCAS content security functions in CE devices enabled for HTTP Live Streaming (HLS, a.k.a. adaptive bitrate streaming) video services. These functions constitute important Verimatrix pay-TV enhancements to the baseline HLS protocol. They include end-user device authentication and entitlement verification, thereby making the total solution suitable for premium OTT video services.
ViewRight Web is an integral component of the VCAS for Internet TV solution, securing video delivery over networks implementing the HLS protocol. The core protocol provides automatic bit-rate adaptation to allow a common video stream URL to be shared between devices that have different screen resolutions, processing power and available network bandwidth. This ensures the best possible viewing experience for any given combination of these parameters, even when devices roam between networks.
ViewRight Web clients provide cross-platform support for secure OTT content delivery services to a variety of device categories:
- ViewRight Web for PC (Windows OS) and Mac OS
- ViewRight Web for iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini, iPod Touch)
- ViewRight Web for Android OS
- ViewRight Web for Windows 8 Phone OS
- ViewRight Web for Connected/Smart TV and STB
ViewRight Web has been interoperability tested with a range of leading encoder and web server suppliers, e.g. Ateme, Cisco, Elemental, Envivio, Harmonic, Juniper Networks, RGB Networks, Vidiator, Wowza and others (20+)
To learn more about adaptive streaming technology and its advantages, please download the Verimatrix white paper “Adaptive Rate Streaming: Pay-TV at an Inflection Point”
- Support for HTTP Live Streaming Protocol
- Proven ViewRight-VCAS security and authentication
- Support for computing platforms, mobile and connected devices:
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 & 8 OS, and Mac OS devices
- iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini, iPod Touch)
- Android-based devices
- Windows 8 Phone OS devices
- Connected/Smart TVs and STBs