VCAS Multi-network Platform and Architecture
Verimatrix offers a field-proven and award winning multi-network content and revenue security solution for IP, broadcast, and hybrid networks. The Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) provides the tools and support digital TV operators require in order to address the new opportunities arising from the accelerating convergence of video delivery over various types of networks - whether managed or unmanaged - to a multitude of devices.
The Verimatrix proposition embodies the following characteristics:
- Software-based, IP-centric security architecture with broadcast-hybrid support
- Elimination of the boundary between silo-based CA and DRM philosophies
- Efficient and secure service delivery independent of network technology
- Future-proof standards transitions, supporting Ultra HD/4K and DASH security
- Frictionless TV Everywhere experience enhances subscriber loyalty and ARPU
|Get more details|
about VCAS Platform
|Ask a question or|
request a meeting
VCAS – Deployment Flexibility and Versatility
VCAS is the realization of the Verimatrix 3-dimensional digital TV security strategy, which extends the domain of security beyond silo-based conditional access and DRM approaches to protect pay-TV services delivered to any screen over any network while combating any threat.
The VCAS architecture combines a number of network specific security solutions built on a common, IP-centric platform. VCAS is fundamentally based around cardless implementations that integrate the latest client device security subsystems with robust and renewable Verimatrix software architectures. It implements a single security authority for IP, broadcast and hybrid networks and devices, supporting various video and DRM formats while providing a harmonized cross-network entitlement management.
VCAS has been deployed widely, with proven configurations securing services as follows:
- IPTV / Telco TV, securing large scale IP managed network services using Multicast and VOD protocols, enhanced by secure Wholesale/Retail content distribution options
- Hospitality-optimized IPTV, for any-size hotels, resorts and cruise ships
- Internet TV, providing enhanced HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) security for live and on-demand OTT services to the broadest range of device types
- DVB Broadcast, securing “one-way” networks: cable, satellite and terrestrial
- Broadcast-Hybrid, combining Multicast and/or RF broadcast with Internet TV to provide a highly effective architecture for modern cable deployments that includes VideoMark integrated forensic watermarking
- Online Video Publishing with Multi-DRM support, featuring harmonized rights management for streaming that uses enhanced HLS security, MPEG-DASH, Microsoft Smooth Streaming/PlayReady and Marlin DRMs
With a highly modular architecture and efficient form factor, VCAS is cost effective for the smallest deployment with field-proven scaling to operations with millions of subscribers.
Uniquely, VCAS features domain-based entitlement management across VCAS and third-party DRMs (VCAS Super Domains), enforcing domain size or explicit device membership rules. Specifically, when content is entitled to a domain (as opposed to a device), it is automatically available to all the super domain’s devices, whether IPTV, DVB, HLS or third-party DRM clients managed under the MultiRights framework.
Thanks to a vast partner ecosystem, operators can choose from a wide variety of pre-integrated components, such as middleware/subscriber management systems (SMS), video encoders, VOD servers, and hundreds of receivers, including DVB, IPTV and hybrid set-top boxes, Windows and Mac OS platforms, iOS and Android smart phones, tablets, and smart TVs.
For Verimatrix definitions of multi-network, multi-screen and hybrid services, and for a list of industry and Verimatrix-originating acronyms, click here.