VCAS for IPTV
The rapid growth of IPTV during the past several years has expanded the world of entertainment and programming choices coupled with innovative interactive capabilities. However, the very technologies that have made IPTV possible also pose a continuing threat to the business model underpinning such services. The threats of service theft and content piracy are legitimate concerns to rights owners and operators alike. It is of the utmost importance to the continued success of the IPTV industry that increasingly robust security technology can be developed and deployed in order to eliminate potential theft of service and content misuse.
Traditional conditional access systems were designed to combat security threats in one-way broadcast networks. However, the legacy CA design approach has been proven unsuitable for two-way, IP-based networks. Hence a different mindset and fresh approach was required for IPTV, as proven by Verimatrix while enabling many IPTV success stories around the world.
|Get more details|
about VCAS for IPTV
|Ask a question or|
request a meeting
VCAS for IPTV, powered by the multi-network VCAS platform, provides a complete digital TV content and revenue security solution for pay-TV services over managed IP networks. VCAS for IPTV fully exploits the power and elegance of modern two-way IP infrastructure to provide a superior level of multi-screen content and revenue security for IP and hybrid set-top boxes (STBs), PCs/Macs and other connected devices.
VCAS for IPTV incorporates pioneering and proven features that provide the widest revenue security perimeter, thus enabling complete transparency for legitimate content consumption while significantly raising the level of protection against piracy. The cardless solution is built on proven cryptographic and secure electronic transaction concepts used in e-commerce applications, accomplishing the highest levels of digital TV security as confirmed by several independent technology audits. Verimatrix is the recognized global market leader with 500+ IPTV deployments and winner of several technology awards.
VCAS for IPTV secures and enhances the revenue of IPTV networks as follows:
- Standards-based, two-way Internet security protocols ensure a solid foundation.
- ViewRight® downloadable, renewable security for IPTV clients, incl. connected TVs. It utilizes sophisticated security features of modern client device chip sets/SOCs.
- A Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) public/private key pair system plus X.509 digital certificates, featuring VCAS key management methods already proven in large IPTV deployments globally.
- Strong encryption using the robust AES-128 algorithm.
- VideoMark™ user-specific forensic watermarking, with a unique and highly robust identifier that is traceable to the last authorized recipient.
- Independently audited.
The Verimatrix approach to IPTV content and revenue security for managed networks is ideal for:
- “Walled garden” IPTV services over managed networks with IP-based infrastructure: xDSL, FTTH, etc.
- Multi-screen services to IP-STB/DVRs, connected TVs, and PCs over managed networks.
- Operators planning hybrid services, extending IPTV services with over-the-top (OTT) delivery and vice versa
- Wholesale-retail content distribution, enabling a centralized, hosted service with local control options.
- Hospitality applications, supported by an optimized VCAS for Hospitality Appliance and pricing.
- Replacing legacy CA systems with cardless content security for IPTV and DVB hybrid networks.
Thanks to the system architecture and compact form factor, VCAS is inherently cost effective for the smallest hospitality deployment while scaling efficiently to tier 1 pay-TV operations with millions of subscribers.
VCAS security has been approved by all major studios for protection of premium content as well as by all the major broadcasters. The VCAS security architecture has received very favorable results in independent audits and is the approved security choice in pay-TV operator deployments on a worldwide basis. As the global leader in software-based security, VCAS offers flexibility in choice of client devices, broad middleware interoperability and proven scalability.