VCAS for Internet TV
VCAS for Internet TV, powered by the multi-network VCAS platform, provides a complete multi-screen security solution for OTT services over networks implementing the HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) protocol, including both live (broadcast) and video-on-demand content delivery.
HLS, a form of adaptive bitrate (ABR) streaming, provides automatic bitrate adaptation to allow a common video stream URL to be shared between devices that have different screen resolutions, processing power and available bandwidth. This ensures the best possible user experience (UX) for any given combination even when devices roam between networks.
|Get more details|
about VCAS for Internet TV
|Ask a question or|
request a meeting
The award winning VCAS for Internet TV solution enhances the basic HLS security model with capabilities that support subscription and transaction based pay-TV services. In particular, VCAS ensures that decryption keys are kept safe and distributed to authorized clients only. The software-based solution is built on proven cryptographic and secure electronic transaction concepts widely used in e-commerce applications, providing the same high level of digital TV security that Verimatrix is recognized for in 500+ IPTV deployments.
The Verimatrix ViewRight Web client supports off-the-shelf CE devices enabled for HLS:
- ViewRight Web for PC (Windows OS) and Mac OS
- ViewRight Web for iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPad Mini, iPod Touch)
- ViewRight Web for Android OS
- ViewRight Web for Smart/Connected TV and STB
VCAS for Internet TV can be deployed either as a standalone OTT solution, or as part of a multi-network solution including IPTV, DVB, and Hybrid combinations, under a unified VCAS security authority. It also allows for an evolution to MPEG-DASH, an emerging ABR standard.
Verimatrix also offers a rapidly growing OTT technology partner ecosystem including leading encoding and streaming server vendors, and CE platforms.
The HLS protocol is ideally suited to the challenges of mobile video and Internet TV:
- Open standard allowing tight integration into VCAS head-end and client devices
- Use of H.264 codecs and MPEG-2 Transport Stream format enables straightforward integration into existing digital TV head-ends
- Adaptation to variable bandwidth and various display resolutions ensures optimized UX
- Highly scalable with multiple network support: broadband, 3G/4G, Wi-Fi, etc.