VCAS for DVB
The multi-network VCAS platform enables digital TV operators to combine standards-based and proven Digital Video Broadcast (DVB) technology for broadcast distribution, through VCAS for DVB, with the interactivity of IP-based networks using a single security authority. VCAS for DVB is an integral part of the Verimatrix 3-Dimensional Content Security strategy, which addresses three key success factors for pay-TV operators: Multi-network content delivery, device diversity and threat detection and elimination.
|Ask a question or request a meeting|
VCAS for DVB secures content and associated revenue for broadcast services over satellite, cable and terrestrial networks with no return path. Key features and benefits:
- Support for advanced pay-TV business models that provide each operator with virtually unlimited flexibility in defining pay-TV products and services, incl. impulse pay-per-view.
- Choice of cardless- and card-based client security in same network and STB allows the operator to match subscriber revenue potential with suitable STBs.
- Mobile phone and web-based self-provisioning, including pre-paid vouchers, reduces cost of call centers and staffing.
- Middleware-independent DVB SI Server for STB electronic program guide.
- On-screen messages and chat rooms, parental control, client STB pairing, fingerprinting.
- Very efficient form factor: Supports up to 1M STBs in only 2RU (3.5”) rack space, and 4RU when 1:1 redundant.
In contrast to the legacy approach, Verimatrix offers multi-level client security that can be mixed in the same broadcast network to match the type of services offered:
- Software clients for lower ARPU deployments.
- Cardless system-on-chip (SOC) clients for hardware-level security without card logistics.
- Smart card-based security for operators preferring removable security, including a DVB-CI (Common Interface) and CI+ modules.
Verimatrix offers a more cost-effective approach that is ideal for:
- Cardless security in client devices providing secure System-on-a-Chip (SOC) facilities.
- Greenfield deployments.
- Pay-TV operators transitioning from analog to digital video broadcasting.
- Operators wishing to complement or replace existing DVB CAS.
- Operators planning hybrid DVB-IP and/or OTT services.
Thanks to the system architecture and compact form factor, VCAS for DVB is inherently cost effective for the smallest deployment while scaling efficiently to tier 1 pay-TV operations with millions of subscribers.
VCAS for DVB is deployed by more than 100 operators around the world and has proven very resilient against piracy – to date no confirmed security breaches have been reported. This is the ideal foundation for existing and greenfield operators that wish to avail themselves of best in class security for one-way networks while also preparing for a multi-screen future. The investment is thus protected as operators progress towards the connected future. The end result is the most optimal pay-TV solution that is ready to tackle any challenges, now and into the future.