VCAS for DVB
The multi-network VCAS platform enables digital TV operators to combine standards-based and proven Digital Video Broadcast (DVB) technology for broadcast (one-way) networks, while supporting future extension to multiple network topologies from a single security authority.
VCAS for DVB
|Ask a question or|
request a meeting
VCAS for DVB secures content and associated revenue for broadcast services over satellite, cable and terrestrial networks with no return path. Key features:
- Support for advanced pay-TV business models that provide service operators with virtually unlimited flexibility in defining pay-TV products and services, incl. impulse pay-per-view.
- Choice of cardless- and card-based client security in same network and STB allows the operator to match subscriber revenue potential with suitable STBs.
- Mobile phone and web-based self-provisioning, including pre-paid vouchers, reduces cost of call centers and staffing.
- Middleware-independent DVB SI Server for STB electronic program guide.
- On-screen messages and chat rooms, parental control, client STB pairing, fingerprinting.
- Very efficient form factor: Supports cryptographic operations for up to 1M STBs in only 2RU (3.5”) rack space, and 4RU when 1:1 redundant.
In contrast to the legacy client security approach, Verimatrix offers a choice of:
- Software clients for lower ARPU deployments.
- Cardless system-on-chip (SOC) clients for hardware-level security without card logistics.
- Smart card-based security for operators preferring removable security, including DVB-CI (Common Interface) and CI+ modules.
Verimatrix offers a more cost-effective approach that is ideal for:
- Cardless security in client devices providing secure System-on-a-Chip (SOC) facilities.
- Greenfield deployments, whether B2C or B2B
- Pay-TV operators transitioning from analog to digital video broadcasting.
- Operators wishing to complement or replace legacy DVB CA systems.
- Operators planning advanced broadcast and IP/OTT hybrid services.
Thanks to the system architecture and compact form factor, VCAS for DVB is inherently cost effective for the smallest deployment while scaling efficiently to tier 1 pay-TV operations with millions of subscribers.
As the video distribution industry is undergoing rapid changes, Verimatrix is focused on providing future proof – investment proof – solutions. VCAS for DVB is designed to be future proof in many aspects that should be taken into account when selecting a content and revenue security system for broadcast (one-way) networks.
VCAS for DVB is part of the multi-network VCAS platform that addresses, among else, the following aspects:
- Extension of operation to support video delivery over IP, either as IPTV or OTT, and hybrid DVB-IP/OTT
- Video watermarking, a requirement for licensing of premium content in the “early release window.” The Verimatrix VideoMark® solution enables watermarking at the STB level. Since content re-distribution is likely to be the main form of piracy form in the future, this kind of technology should be considered early.
- SOC hardening and increased security and countermeasures in cardless solutions. Verimatrix STB chipset partners have included new security technology in their latest products, which Verimatrix makes use of in its ViewRight STB client when operators choose these latest SOCs.