As the recognized leader in IP and cardless revenue security solutions for progressive digital TV operators, the company has leveraged its innovative 3-Dimensional Security approach to provide a harmonized rights platform for content delivery to a wide range of devices over new hybrid broadcast and IP network combinations. This approach offers flexible layers of protection techniques to address evolving business needs and revenue threats in these dimensions:
- Network dimension – Best of breed encryption and harmonized multi-network rights management for the widest range of delivery networks, including broadcast satellite, cable and terrestrial, IPTV and hybrid, video-on-demand (VOD), mobile, Internet TV and OTT services.
- Device dimension – Beyond the living room to computers and on-the-go applications. The technology approach includes a hardened, downloadable Verimatrix ViewRight ONE™ security core for set-top boxes (STBs), PCs and Macs, as well as off-the-shelf consumer electronics including iOS and Android devices using HTTP adaptive bitrate streaming.
- Threat dimension – Since not all threats to digital TV security look alike, VCAS offers a layered set of tools and techniques to enable a flexible system protection profile. Features such as hardening, fingerprinting, watermarking and clone detection help operators address potential revenue loss from theft of service while rapid renewability provides a fast countermeasure capability.
To learn more, download our white paper Enabling the New World of Pay-TV: The Service Provider's Guide to 3-Dimensional Content Security.
VCAS fully leverages the company’s continuous innovations in each of these three dimensions to provide a superior level of content and revenue security. Proven cryptographic and secure electronic transaction technologies, together with increasingly sophisticated features of client device chipsets, enable VCAS to offer a more renewable and flexible security implementation than legacy architectures. Verimatrix VCAS architectures and market solutions have also been independently audited by Telcordia, Farncombe, and Merdan.
Maintaining close relationships with major studios, broadcasters, industry organizations, and featuring an unmatched partner ecosystem, enables Verimatrix to provide a unique perspective on digital TV business issues beyond content security as operators seek to deliver compelling new services.
- 3-Dimensional Security architecture for all types of video service delivery and ready for 4K/UHD
- Harmonized multi-network rights management across broadcast, streaming and file-based applications
- Market leading cardless security technology for broadcast, IP networks and streaming
- Enhanced HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) security, with evolution to MPEG-DASH
- Integrated MultiRights PlayReady License Server
- Cross-DRM device and domain entitlement management – VCAS Super Domains
- Verimatrix ViewRight ONE multi-network embedded security client libraries
- Layered security regimes with rapid response and renewability options
- Video watermarking solutions for user-specific forensic tracking
- Award-winning and independently audited carrier grade technology
- Extensive partner ecosystem and global support infrastructure
- Most widely deployed multi-network solution among video operators globally.