As the recognized leader in cardless revenue security solutions for progressive digital TV service providers, the company has leveraged its innovative 3-Dimensional Security approach to provide a harmonized rights platform for premium content delivery to a range of devices over new broadcast and IP hybrid network combinations. The Verimatrix approach offers flexible layers of protection techniques to address evolving business needs and revenue threats. The Verimatrix 3-Dimensional Security strategy addresses key technology issues facing operators with a combination of:
- Network dimension – Best of breed encryption and harmonized multi-network rights management for the widest range of delivery networks, including broadcast satellite, cable and terrestrial, IPTV and hybrid, video-on-demand (VOD), mobile, Internet TV and OTT services.
- Device dimension – Beyond the living room to computers and on-the-go applications. The technology approach includes a hardened, downloadable Verimatrix ViewRight ONE™ security core for set-top boxes (STBs), PCs and Macs, as well as off-the-shelf consumer electronics including iOS and Android devices using HTTP adaptive rate streaming.
- Threat dimension – Since not all threats to digital TV security look alike, VCAS offers a layered set of tools and techniques to enable a flexible system protection profile. Features such as hardening, fingerprinting, watermarking and clone detection help operators address potential revenue loss from theft of service while rapid renewability provides a fast countermeasure capability.
To learn more, download our white paper Enabling the New World of Pay-TV: The Service Provider's Guide to 3-Dimensional Content Security.
VCAS fully leverages the company’s continuous innovations in each of these three dimensions to provide a superior level of content and revenue security. Proven cryptographic and secure electronic transaction technologies, together with increasingly sophisticated features of client device chipsets, enable VCAS to offer a more renewable and flexible security implementation than legacy architectures. Verimatrix VCAS architectures and market solutions have also been independently audited by Telcordia, Farncombe, and Merdan.
Maintaining close relationships with major studios, broadcasters, industry organizations, and featuring an unmatched partner ecosystem, enables Verimatrix to provide a unique perspective on digital TV business issues beyond content security as operators seek to deliver compelling new services.
Verimatrix has delivered an impressive record of growth and competitive success since its founding in 2000 and the company is the trend setting multi-network revenue security provider globally:
- Award winning solutions for DVB, IPTV, Internet TV/OTT, and hybrid networks
- 670 operator customers in 100 countries, including 60 Tier 1’s and 2’s – protecting more than 40M screens: IPTV, DVB and Hybrid STBs, PC/Macs, smart TVs, tablets and smart phones
- Headquarters in San Diego, California, with European HQ in Munich, Germany, and Asia Pacific HQ in Singapore; direct and indirect sales representation in 100+ countries
- ISO 9001:2008 certified
- Committed investor backing from Goldman Sachs, Mission Ventures, Crescendo Ventures, Cipio Partners, JK&B Capital and Alliance Bernstein.
- 3-Dimensional Security architecture for TV Everywhere applications
- Harmonized multi-network rights management across broadcast, streaming and file-based applications
- Market leading cardless security technology for broadcast and IP networks
- Enhanced HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) security
- Integrated MultiRights PlayReady License Server
- Cross-DRM device and domain entitlement management – VCAS Super Domains
- Verimatrix ViewRight ONE multi-network embedded security client libraries
- Layered security regimes with rapid response and renewability options
- Video watermarking solutions for user-specific forensic tracking
- Award-winning and independently audited telco grade technology
- Extensive partner ecosystem enhanced by rock solid integrations
- Most widely deployed system among tier 1 telecommunications operators globally.