Bulk Decryption of IP Encapsulated MPEG-2 Transport Streams
The Verimatrix ViewRight Professional client is a robust package of portable embedded code that implements the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) security functions within Professional Receiver equipment (a.k.a. Integrated Receiver Decoders or IRDs) in a pay-TV system. ViewRight Professional functionality is integrated in a number of partner hardware offerings to provide a complete solution for IP broadcast redistribution or monitoring.
A ViewRight Professional enabled receiver is a multi-channel capable decryption appliance operating on VCAS encrypted Multicast IP streams. It is provisioned and authenticated as a special class of ViewRight client device to a (wholesale) VCAS system. Decrypted content, subject to receiver entitlements is output to a downstream redistribution or monitoring system in IP or analog video format. ViewRight Professional operates without the need for smart cards or DVB Common Interface hardware, and with a capacity of up to 100 simultaneous channels per receiver.
ViewRight Professional is a key enabler in two main areas of operational deployment: enhancing the flexibility offered by the Verimatrix IPTV Wholesale/Retail architecture, and enabling automated monitoring in IP head-end deployments.
Suitable hardware platforms supporting ViewRight Professional are currently available from specialist partners AppearTV, Harmonic and IDC. These platforms combine a high performance descrambler module, a fully hardened implementation of ViewRight client security functionality, SNMP monitoring and remote management. Dependent on vendor, configurations offer a variety of input and output formats and support descrambling of streams that are protected by AES-128 (both ECB and CBC modes) and DVB Common Scrambling Algorithm (DVB-CSA) standard implementations.
- Platform OS: Linux
- Hardware Platforms: AppearTV SC2000/2100, Harmonic Pro-Stream, IDC
- Decryption capacity: Approx. 100 channels per device
- Scrambling algorithms: 128-bit AES, 128-bit RC4; DVB-CSA if supported by HW
- Broadcast support: Single Program and Multi Program MPEG-2 Transport Streams, including IP multicast support
- Output: Content-in-the-clear, as multicast IP or analog signal
- Network management: SNMP and vendor specific
- Hardware format: 1RU and up, depending on configuration