ViewRight DVB-CI Professional
Bulk Decryption of MPEG-2/DVB Transport Streams
The Verimatrix ViewRight DVB-CI Professional client implements the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) security functions within Professional Receiver equipment (a.k.a. Integrated Receiver Decoders or IRDs) in a pay-TV system. The ViewRight DVB-CI Professional functionality is implemented in a dedicated hardware conditional access module (CAM), together with a Verimatrix smart card, providing advanced content security for applications such as B2B video distribution and broadcast monitoring.
A ViewRight DVB-CI Professional enabled receiver is a multi-channel capable decryption appliance operating on DVB-CSA encrypted MPEG-2/DVB streams. It is provisioned and authenticated as a ViewRight client device to a VCAS for DVB head-end system. Decrypted content, subject to receiver entitlements, is output to a downstream redistribution or monitoring system in digital or analog video format. The current decryption capacity is 1-6 DVB services.
The dedicated ViewRight DVB-CI CAM module is manufactured by specialist partner SMiT (Shenzhen State Micro Technology Co. Ltd), a leading global designer and provider of CAM devices. This platform combines a high performance descrambler module with a hardened implementation of ViewRight client security functionality, supporting descrambling of streams that are protected by the DVB Common Scrambling Algorithm (DVB-CSA).
• Plug & Play
• Embedded 32-bit CPU (ARM7TDMI)
• Advanced 0.18-micron technology
• Multi-services descrambling, currently up to 6 DVB services descr
• Transport Stream processing bandwidth: Up to 96 Mbps
• Up to 64 configurable PID filters to support TS packet filtering
• Supports over-the-air (OTA) software upgrade
• Secure Loader for highly secure and efficient software upgrade
Physical & Electrical Characteristics
- Dimensions: Type II PCMCIA card (100mm x 58mm x 4mm)
- Connector: 68-pin PCMCIA slot
- Flash Size: 4 MB
- RAM Size: 384 KB
- Operational voltage: 4.5V ~ 5.5V
- Operational current: <150mA
- Low power consumption: < 600mW