ViewRight Desktop for PC
Securing IPTV to the Broadband PC
ViewRight Desktop for PC is a key option within the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) for IPTV. It turns any broadband connected PC into a fully functional, interactive IPTV client. ViewRight Desktop for PC securely decrypts broadcast and video-on-demand (VOD) content within VCAS-protected IPTV systems using a flexible, “lean forward” user interface that includes program guide information for current broadcast channels and available VOD content.
ViewRight Desktop for PC provides the same level of content security and revenue protection as dedicated set-top box (STB) equipment while offering operators and consumers more viewing choices. In fully leveraging the networked home environment, ViewRight Desktop for PC extends the competitive advantage of IPTV services over legacy alternatives.
Integrated DVR Features
ViewRight Desktop for PC incorporates a seamless approach for digital video recorder (DVR) functionality within pay-TV deployments, using local hard disk storage or a network DVR (nDVR) approach within the pay-TV head-end. ViewRight DVR functions enhance the security perimeter of the pay-TV system since VCAS is architected to directly enable recording and replay of broadcast streams without translation or re-encryption. By leverage of key management in the VCAS Content Security Manager (CSM), DVR and nDVR functions are supported in a flexible and cost-effective manner. VCAS and ViewRight Desktop for PC enable implementation of any possible business rule and content management scheme while satisfying all DVR content security requirements.
User-specific Video Watermarking
ViewRight Desktop for PC incorporates the Verimatrix VideoMark™ - the industry’s first secure and invisible content tracking solution that enables forensic, user-specific marking of video at each PC or STB client in a pay-TV system. The VideoMark payload is robust against a wide range of video content manipulations, with recovery of the unique client identification possible from all unauthorized analog and digital distribution formats. Because any pirated copies can be traced to a unique user, and not just a system operator, content owners are assured of protection that extends beyond the digital network. VideoMark also complies with the rigorous requirements of the Digital Cinema Initiatives, LLC (DCI).
- Platform OS: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 - on 32- and 64-bit platforms
- Localization: Unicode multi-language and re-skinning options
- Codecs: MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 at SD and HD resolutions
- Content encryption: 128-bit AES
- Broadcast support: Multicast channels in MPEG-2 Transport Stream
- VOD support: MPEG-2 Transport Stream with “trick play” support
- Clone detection: Various patent pending technologies
- Middleware support: Multiple partner options
- Watermarking: Integrated Verimatrix VideoMark™ user-specific forensic watermarking, as well as on-screen display fingerprinting
- Copy Control: CGMS-A, ACP, HDCP
- Protocols: RTP/UDP, RTSP/TCP, HTTP
- Flexible Integration Models: • ActiveX • C++ SDK • Named Pipe/HTTP API • Skinning/HTML • Operator specific packaging and installation
- DVR: Built-in recording, playback and “trick play” capabilities
- Subtitling: DVB subtitles, U.S. closed captioning, Teletext subtitling
- Audio codec: Dolby Digital Plus
Designed-in security features:
- High performance MPEG decoder interleaved with security core to thwart hacking attempts
- Graphics library interleaved with security core and decoder
- Watermark filter, security core and MPEG decoder signatures authenticated at start-up