Verimatrix Redefines Multi-network Revenue Security for Video Services at IBC 2012
<p><em>Demonstrates Specialized Security Capabilities for New Hybrid Network Configurations and Flexible Options for OTT 2.0 Security</em></p>
Amsterdam, IBC 2012, 13 Aug. 2012 –Verimatrix, the specialist in securing and enhancing revenue for multi-screen digital TV services around the globe, today announced that it will be highlighting the increasingly important role of multi-network revenue security at IBC 2012, 7-11 Sept., with an emphasis on its unique ability to provide cost-effective broadcast security while easing the transition to hybrid broadcast/IP network configurations. The company will also share the latest security options to protect revenue in the second generation of over-the-top video services (OTT 2.0), which feature fine grain control mechanisms and security standards optimization.
Verimatrix will illustrate its commitment to helping operators simplify these new hybrid configurations, while also preparing to adapt and scale to the future security requirements of OTT 2.0, by unveiling a series of innovative new product features, advanced partner ecosystem integrations and ground-breaking customer deployments. The company will be demonstrating how its proven solutions address real world challenges for multi-network security in Hall 4, Booth B54, including:
- Cardless DVB and Hybrid Security – Harmonized security platform for broadcast and hybrid networks, with flexible client implementations for broadcast set-top boxes (STBs), connected STBs and smart TV CI+ CAM modules. Demonstration is in conjunction with key middleware and STB ecosystem partners.
- Commercial-Grade Secure DASH Streaming – The world’s first protected MPEG-DASH standard streaming delivery system, demonstrated in collaboration with encoder and client device ecosystem partners.
- Enhanced HLS Security for Multi-Screen Devices – Secure live and on-demand adaptive streaming delivery using a single stream source to enable the broadest range of client devices. Demonstration will feature ViewRight® Web security for PC and Mac, iOS devices (iPad and iPhone), Android tablets and smart phones, and smart TVs.
- Enhancements to MultiRights™ PlayReady – Featuring PlayReady 2 integration in the VCAS architecture supporting Smooth Streaming clients on PCs, Macs, Windows phones and the Xbox gaming platform.
- Integration of Security in Performance and Usage Monitoring – Profiling the latest advancements that bring real-time operational and subscriber intelligence to secure adaptive streaming deployments with an expanded partner ecosystem.
Verimatrix is also hosting the latest installment of its Multi-Network Solutions in the Real World Forum series on Saturday, 8 Sept. from 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. in room G102-G103 at the RAI Convention Centre. During the Forum, a panel of industry experts will focus on the latest trend of combining DVB broadcast and unmanaged (OTT) networks to offer a new type of hybrid video services. Through an open forum, panelists will discuss the technical and business challenges that operators face with multi-network services. To reserve your spot for the complimentary forum, please sign up at http://www.verimatrix.com/ibcforum2012.
For additional information or to book an appointment with the team at IBC 2012, please visit the Verimatrix website.
Verimatrix specializes in securing and enhancing revenue for multi-screen digital TV services around the globe. The award-winning and independently audited Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) and ViewRight® solutions offer an innovative approach for cable, satellite, terrestrial and IPTV operators to cost-effectively extend their networks and enable new business models. As the recognized leader in software-based security solutions for premier service providers, Verimatrix has pioneered the 3-Dimensional Security approach that offers flexible layers of protection techniques to address evolving business needs and revenue threats. Maintaining close relationships with major studios, broadcasters, industry organizations, and its unmatched partner ecosystem enables Verimatrix to provide a unique perspective on digital TV business issues beyond content security as operators seek to deliver compelling new services. Verimatrix is an ISO 9001:2008 certified company. For more information, please visit http://www.verimatrix.com, our Pay TV Views blog and follow us at @verimatrixinc, Facebook and LinkedIn to join the conversation.